What is light?
It’s the photographer’s paint. It’s emitted, it’s bounced, it’s caught.
Light itself has infinity colors and tones.
- It’s a wave. It’s a wave of the disturbance in the electric field and magnetic field. It has a wavelength.
- Any wavelength in between Infra Red and Ultra Violet is visible.
- There are infinite choice between these two therefore there are finite colors.
The human eye can perceive nearly infinite colors.
- In the back of the eye the Retina has three kinds of cones that are each sensitive to a different color of light, cones.
- Red, Green and Blue cones stimulated proportionally by incoming light.
- The proportion of Red, Green and Blue correlates to a color.
- We can perceive most of the infinite number of colors.
- Can perceive around 300 photons per square inch at an arm’s length away. Apple cleverly calls this retina.
To remember: Light has infinite colors which almost all are perceived by the eye.
This leads to the concept of Color Space or back to Concepts.